- maximize our time on Sunday morning with serious, deep, age-appropriate study of the Word?
- spend a significant amount of time praying and preparing to teach and lead the children in our care, knowing that we are involved in an endeavor that will bear eternal consequences?
- implement a careful and intentional plan for presenting children the whole counsel of God by the time they reach adulthood?
- boldly yet gently teach the “hard” truths, even if it means some will object?
- swim against the popular tide of encouraging fun and entertainment over substance?
- set a God-centered, Christ-exalting, Bible-saturated vision for the next generation that leads and guides all of our children’s and youth ministry structures, programs, and events?
- equip parents to faithfully and daily disciple their children?
- provide our children and students with the whole armor of God so that they will stand through the fiercest storms of life?
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.
(Image courtesy of Salvatore Vuono at FreeDigitalPhotos.net.)