Student Workbooks are one of the most important tools for you to have in your classroom to teach and train the children in your church or school!
Truth78 encourages teachers to center their class on two main elements—teaching and application. To aid teachers and small group leaders with the application time, we have developed students workbooks to accompany each curriculum. Our purpose for workbooks is two-fold:
- Workbooks help students synthesize the information they learn during the lesson and cement that knowledge in their minds.
- Workbooks are a tool to enhance the application process. Students are encouraged to move from head knowledge to heart application—responding to the truths learned.
Elementary workbooks include two pages for each lesson. There is a review of main ideas, memory verses and Scripture from the lesson as well as age appropriate coloring and application activities. Here are some of our favorite features and benefits of student workbooks:
- Workbooks—especially in our revised curricula—are integrated into the Small Group Application found at the end of each lesson. Students will need the workbooks in order to complete certain portions of the application section. These exercises reinforce important truths taught in the lesson, encourage Bible memory, and help students consider how the concepts learned apply to their everyday life.
- Workbooks for younger children provide them with opportunities for “hands-on” activity—coloring, pasting, stickers, etc. This helps students focus as the adult leader reviews key lesson themes and leads the discussion time.
- Workbooks for older children provide the students with a variety of opportunities for note-taking during the lesson, small group and individual activities, personal application, and further study.
- Workbooks provide students and parents with a resource that summarizes the precept-upon-precept study, in its entirety. In other words, if a student misses lessons during the year, he or she will still have a complete outline of the study from beginning to end.
- Workbooks provide the students with a tangible, interactive resource through which the truths presented in the lesson can be reviewed and remembered.
- Workbooks in our revised curricula feature beautiful, full-color covers with a quick reference guide on the back to remind students what they are learning and help them review truths about God.
To view other workbook samples, download the Curriculum Samples or take a look at the Workbook Reference Copy in your Classroom Kit.
To equip you best, we have made student workbooks available in two formats—printed book or electronic download.
Our original format is the traditional printed workbook. Each workbook is printed on high-quality paper and spiral bound. They are designed to withstand scribbling markers, glitter glue, lots of writing and children’s fingers turning pages over and over through the year. Just write student names on the front and they are ready to go.
We encourage teachers to keep the workbooks in the classroom during the year for children to work on week after week. At the end of the year, the completed books can be sent home with children as a tool for them to review what was learned with their parents.
The electronic version is a PDF file that you can license, download, and print. Each workbook license is valid for one child for one year. This is a great option if you have the ability to print in your church office or if you are a ministry partner outside the United States who wants to save on shipping costs.
We encourage teachers using electronic workbooks to have students keep their pages in a folder in the classroom through the year so they have a full book at the end of the curriculum. If storage space is not available in the classroom, you can partner with parents and have them keep a binder at home for the weekly workbook pages.
You are welcome to make a copy of a workbook page for one-time or occasional visitors. If your visitor becomes a regular attendee, don’t forget to give them their own book or purchase an electronic license for them.
To learn more about Student Workbooks, visit the curriculum pages and take a look at the curriculum samples. Feel free to contact us if you have questions about how to best use workbooks in your class, what format is best for you or how to order.