- A red-winged blackbird sat outside the living room window and sang his marvelous song.
- Rain is falling from the sky, gently watering the thirsty ground.
- The long-dormant grass is coming to life again.
- I gave my dog her antibiotic—a “wonder drug” that is curing her infection.
- I have enjoyed a hot cup of coffee.
For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made… (Romans 1:20 ESV)
I will ponder all your work, and meditate on your mighty deeds. Your way, O God, is holy. What god is great like our God? You are the God who works wonders; you have made known your might among the peoples. (Psalm 77:12-14 ESV)Here is a super-simple and fun activity to do with your children this week. It’s called, “I Spy God Almighty.” Encourage your children to be on the lookout for things that God has done through His almighty power. When they see, hear, or experience something that demonstrates God’s might, they should call out, “I spy God almighty!,” and then share what particular thing they saw. For added benefit, you could keep a running tab over a designated period of time, and then use the list as a means of prayer and praise to God.
(Image courtesy of Stoonn at FreeDigitalPhotos.net.)