We are soon to enter one of the busiest seasons at CDG—summer. It’s the time when churches and parents are gearing up for the fall, which often means curriculum decisions. This brings to mind at least three things I really love about our “customer service” staff.
- They fully embrace our vision and mission, and our curriculum philosophy and distinctions. So, when they answer your questions, it comes from a genuine longing to see Christ exalted and treasured in churches and homes.
- They have a vast knowledge of our resources, and they often have experience with those resources in the classroom setting.
- They have servant hearts that love to serve churches, parents, missionaries, and others in a myriad of ways that go beyond simply providing information about our resources.
Who are these ladies you will hear at the other end of the phone?
- was one of the pilot teachers of the CDG Preschool curricula
- taught and/or was a team leader in elementary Sunday school classes using CDG curriculum
- has filled in as a small group leader and worship leader as needed
- “My parenting was deeply influenced by the CDG vision and curriculum. My kids grew up with the CDG curricula and, assuming I have grandchildren someday, it’s my hope that they would be able to do this also.”
- nursery caregiver, Sunday school teacher, team leader, worship leader, and substitute while using CDG materials
- worked as an assistant Sunday school superintendent
- worked with all age groups from birth through high school
- served at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis for 10 years doing administration for Sunday school, along with the occasional role as small group leader or teacher
- now ministers as an auntie to eight nieces and nephews
Here are a few examples of the types of issues and questions they address when a customer calls:
- budget constraints
- getting leadership/teachers on board with the vision
- lack of regular volunteers
- addressing year-round Sunday school
- having Sunday school during church service so teachers can’t attend church
- determining curriculum with a range of children’s ages (a frequent question)
- understanding curriculum licensing (another frequent question)
- implementing a church-wide Bible memory program
- using the Fighter Verses app
- finding solutions for internationals
- translated materials
- many questions about preschool materials
- training (people want to be able to train their volunteers, but don’t know how)
- what to order as a new customer (e.g., Classroom Kit versus Teacher’s Guide, etc.)
In response, they will take time to…
- explain answers to any questions
- brainstorm solutions
- walk through how the material might work in your particular situation
- point to other resources available, such as the blog, and free audio and video training
- when appropriate, pray for customers carrying heavy burdens
- offer personal encouragement when ministry is hard
If you would like to reach our customer service staff at CDG, please feel free to give us a call (1.877.400.1414), or send us an email (info@childrendesiringGod.org
Our phones are answered from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Central Time) from October through June, and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Central Time) from July through September.